Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fetish, cookies and cold coffee.

Well my past couple of blogs have been a little on the depressing side, so keeping in tradition, lol.. Seriously though, I have a cold and it sucks. I hate being sick, not that anyone enjoys being sick. Except maybe some weird S&M fetish who chews on used Kleenex out of the dumpster from the local hospital.. OK… I just threw up a little in my mouth.

My Mr. T coffee is cold by this time.. I mean it has only been sitting here a couple of hours.. The thing about strong black coffee is that it is only good when it is fresh. If it sits in the pot too long, it taste like the ass end of a yak. If it gets cold sitting around, it tastes like cold ass end of yak.. Either way is no good.

Girl Scout cookies are the work of the devil btw. My sister just brought my nieces over who with their GS skills finagled me into dropping twenty bucks on thin mints, samoas, and chalet crèmes.. I think the GS must have a merit badge in “ridiculous cuteness.” My nieces have a couple of these each. Being sick only weakened my defensives both against the power of the GS and my willpower against those godforsaken cookies.. Half a box later I hid them from myself.. Glutany is easy to fall into when your under the weather, you have an excuse to eat like crap cause you feel like crap. Lately I have been trying to eat better and today my diet has been a balance of fruit and garbage.. They cancel each other out right? Right?

I have managed to devote time in my sick stage to working on the second draft of my current screenplay. With any hope, I can get it wrapped up today and sent to my DP and confidant for some notes and a stab at a third and perhaps final draft. I am seriously going to try to devote more time to my blog, as I will be freed up more..

Damn.. I want another cookie.. I will just go dig out the Blue Diamond wasabi Almonds I hid on Sunday.. Sad that I have to hide things from myself.. Unfortunately, microbrews can only be hidden in one place.. the fridge.. At least being sick I won’t be tempted to crack open a Petrus.

And in the name of Crom.. my battle of the cold continues.

No comments: